Roman style pizza, holy yum. Triple beam is a new and groundbreaking pizza joint in Highland Park, east of the 5 freeway. The way this pizza place works is you show with your hands how much you want and you can try as many of the pizza’s they have. This establishment has a wine shop, Highland Park Wine, a restaurant and bar, Hippo, and Triple Beam, the pizza place.
Hippo, which just opened around last week to the public showcases fresh and creative dishes for a casual yet lively dining experience.
- The wine list: VERY good. From Sherry on tap (my dream come true) to orange wine. With a showcase of wines from around the world, you feel more inclined to experiment. The incredible staff behind the bar are also A++ with suggestions for pairing.
- The Sherry is “Aurora” from Bodegas Yuste Manzanilla, the MV next to Sherry on a menu stands for Multi Vintage, which can be explained by the mixing of vintages in the Sherry process.
- Don’t forget – Sherry is sold and served in smaller bottles and pours. 750ml bottles and 3 oz pours.
- In case you missed my previous post on Sherry, learn more about it here.
The entire building was bought by the owners of Silverlake Wine (my second home apparently), therefore the wine selections are spectacular. The wines at Triple Beam are changing constantly but are all natural wines. There is something extremely enchanting about a lavish looking slice of heirloom tomato pizza, a rosé from Spain and an outdoor patio with twinkling lights and a warm atmosphere.
- Triple Beam also offer $20 bottle specials for a showcased wine. THIS IS IMPORTANT. This is not only inexpensive for the incredible bottle and producer, but it’s a great way for new producers and unseen labels to be showcased with incentive.
- The $20 bottle yesterday was a 2016 Garnacha Rosado, “Lechuza” from Spain. Served at the perfect chilled temperature, a task that some restaurants fail to do accurately. A dry wine with a berry, honeysuckle flavor and a fresh, lemon and floral aroma.
- Paired perfectly with: one slice of pepperoni pizza, one slice of sausage pizza and one slice of heirloom tomato pizza. Delicious.
Have you been to these Highland Park game changers? If not, GO. Word is spreading and popularity is growing. Enjoy!!